Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wines 4 -$30 here's 2 4 now....

Jeez, I think my last blog post was about 2 months before.
Like waking up from a coma or a long relationship.
Typically I write about food and wines or I post a review on a local restaurant and chef.
It has just been sooooooooooooooo busy with the holidays, first Christmas and then New Years.
Family and friends over for dinners and libations.
Include work into that work / life balance and it just seems like there is no time to eat and drink.
And, I was busy working away on collaborating on a new food related app.
So over this time, between making tri-tips, breads, pastas, side dishes, and desserts, I had to find time
to comprise a list of about 25 wines for $30 or -$.
So bear with me, over the next couple of days, I am going to indulge you with a daily dose of delightful inexpensive wines and a couple of prepared dishes  that I conjured up.
Here's one that I tried.
I am not a big petite sirah fan.
You know me by now.
BIG BOLD REDS.
But this little sirah brought me back to the days when I actually enjoyed pinot noirs and petite sirahs.
Like David Bruce, 1 of my all time favorites.
Had to try the 2010 Dancing Coyote Petite Sirah Clarksburg.


Light, delightful, fruity.
Dancing Coyote Vineyards.
Just don't ask me where Acampo, California is located.
I know the Napa wineries but this region is foreign to me.
Maybe I need to watch "Sideways" again and drink some Merlot.
Road Trip!

Here's another catch:
2006 Lapis Luna


From Oligaray Vineyards in Lodi, California.
Yes, Lodi the place that had 1 of the best cabernet sauvignons of 2012.
What a complex petite sirah this 1 is!
1st it is blended between 1/2 French and American oak barrels.
Unique aromas of grape, blackberry and violet.
The oak barrels enhance subtle notes of various spices.

2 good petite sirahs, each under $30.
There's my belated Christmas present for you.
Get ready to be bombarded with an abundance of wines that didn't get posted earlier.
 I have a lot more to come....

Drink my friends,
Steven

Email: realmeneatquiche@gmail.com

My blog: http://realmeneatquicheanddrinkwine.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments, suggestions and favorite recipes and wines here