Thursday, July 7, 2011

Broiling Salmon

Here's my followup post to my previous one on roasting.
I promised that I would add this one after yesterday's blog on roasting.
My wife made the roasted veggies and put them over pasta. She added homemade pesto sauce.
Brilliant.
She should be writing this blog.
LOL.
So, I kicked it at school yesterday. Did the broiling bit.
Mike C. the chef and instructor,
 (see Kitchen on Fire:)
http://www.kitchenonfire.com/contact/index.html
would not let us use our recipes that were distributed in class so I conjured up one off the top of my bald head.
Roasted chicken breast, bone in, seasoned with rosemary, thyme, pepper, paprika and salt over a bed of thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes and yellow onions. Complemented with a drizzle of sage butter and slice of lemon. Towel dried the chicken, seasoned well, and browned on both sides. Finished the chicken in the broiler.  Checked the chicken with a meat thermometer at 148 degrees. Cooked the onions and potatoes separately. Ate my dinner at school. God, LIFE is good.

Well, enough about ranting... Here's to broiling.
One of our friends gave us this fabulous recipe for salmon. Some people like it, others don't.
Cured, smoked, barbecued. I love salmon. My wife doesn't. Go figure.
Bet she would love this:



Bourbon Glazed Salmon:
 1 cup of Brown Sugar
6 Tbsp. of Bourbon
¼ cup of low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. of fresh lime juice
2 tsp of grated fresh ginger
½ tsp. of salt
¼ tsp. of fresh ground pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
 8oz. of salmon filets about 1’ in thickness

Combine ingredients, add salmon and place in a large ziplock bag. Marinate in refrigerator for ½ hour.
Remove filets and discard marinade.
Place filets on am oiled broiling pan and cook under broiler for about 11 minutes or until fish is light and flakey.

Big shout out THANKS to Katy Sheehy for this recipe!

Also,  got my new knives in and can't wait to start using them:
Guy Fieri's butcher knife
and my new Furi japanese steak knives:

Thanks Kathleen !!!!!!!!

And here's our pick of some of the best wines of the week: Jones Family

Yeah they are expensive but they are some of the finest cabernet sauvignons from Stag's Leap region.


Drink responsibly, drink well,  drink often with good food, and drink with good friends.
Steven

If you would like the recipe for the chicken, sign up (follow) on my blog. Email me suggestions, recipes, libations, events, and your favorite restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments, suggestions and favorite recipes and wines here