Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bottega Restaurant and Conn Creek Winery

If you are planning to travel to California and you are looking for a GREAT place for lunch, stop on over to Michael Chiarello's Bottega Restaurant in Yountville, CA.
For lunch I had the Polenta Under Glass with caramelized wild mushrooms and balsamic game sauce.
2 words: Absolutely Incredible !
It was sooooo good, I had to schedule my 3rd visit to his restaurant.
For pasta I devoured the Potato dough Raviolo which was filled with spinach & ricotta, black truffles, a farm fresh egg yolk and topped with sage browned butter.
This guy is a genius.
And for my 2nd course, I finished with a Wild Sea Scallops alla Vendemia caper, grape, rosemary brown butter sauce, parsnip passatina.
Full and smiling.
The ambience is nice at Bottega and the wine is good. I enjoyed a bottle of the Duckhorn Chardonnay.
http://www.botteganapavalley.com/index.html

I am planning on visiting Conn Creek Winery soon and bringing some work friends so that they can enjoy some of the best wines from the Napa / Rutherford region.
My favorites are the Anthology wines and the Cab Francs. Big bold reds with ripe berry flavors.
I know you will enjoy any of the AVA Series wines.
Conn Creek has other wines you may want to sample and buy. Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay.
All by the master winemaker himself, Mike Mcgrath.

http://www.conncreek.com/

La Dolche Vita,
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments, suggestions and favorite recipes and wines here