Tuesday, June 9, 2015

#FireCider

Fire Cider





The strangest thing happens when I see people who are coughing or sneezing.
 I ask them if they have ever heard of Fire Cider
They seem a little stumped. 
Probably because they are too busy and traveling on Bart  (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to get to work.
Who wouldn't be. 
Sounds like a hard apple cider drink.
 Makes me think of my good old friend, Aaron Mateychuk who works for Lookout Farm Hard Cider. http://lookoutfarmcider.com
But that's a whole another story.

Fire Cider http://firecider.com  is a cider that is made from raw apple cider, fruits, herbs and spices.
The website states: " can help support immune function and digestive functions."
Let me tell you... it works!!!!
Even though the FDA will not approve.
My wife, myself and 2 daughters have been drinking it.
My oldest daughter gave me a sample bottle for my birthday / Father's Day.
Hint. Hint. Eden are you reading?
Since last June, my wife and I have not been sick.
I'm the type of guy who has a cold every 3 months and it seems to last 3+ months.
My wife and i have turned on many of our friends to Fire Cider.
They are now making it themselves.
However, the easiest way to get Fire Cider is to purchase it directly from the company at
Also, for convenience, especially if you are a Prime member, you can purchase it directly at Amazon
I actually still order directly from Fire Cider and from Amazon.

Now you can make your own Fire Cider.
I'm giving you the recipe here:

(Makes 1 pint)
Most of the items can be found at http://www.traderjoes.com
or at almost any Asian market or health food store.

1/2 cup of peeled and diced Horseradish
1/2 cup of peeled and diced Garlic
1/2 cup of peeled and diced Onion
1/4 cup of peeled and diced Ginger
1/4 cup of peeled and diced Tumeric
1 Habenero Chile, split in 1/2, (for me: seeds and all for extra heat)
1 Orange, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise

1/2 Lemon, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 cup of chopped Parsley
 2 tablespoons of chopped Parsley
2 tablespoons of chopped Thyme
 1 teaspoon of Black peppercorns
2 - 3 cups of RAW Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (at least 5% acidity)
1/4 cup of Raw Honey or more to taste

Place all the vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices in clean 1 quart jar.
Fill the jar with the vinegar, covering all the ingredients and making sure there are no air bubbles. 
Cap the jar.
If using a metal lid, place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper between the jar and the lid to prevent corrosion from the vinegar.
Shake well.
Let the jar sit for 3 to 6 weeks, shaking daily (or as often as you can.)
Strain the vinegar in a clean jar.
ADD the honey to taste.
Refrigerate and use soon and often.

I actually boiled my mason jars, lids and seals and placed my Fire Cider in them.


So there you go.
Who says good things don't come out of Massachusetts (besides, yours truly)
and taxes.
Check out Lookout Farms Cider http://lookoutfarmcider.com
and Fire Cider http://firecider.com
or make it yourself.
Its the cure for what ails you.

Steven W.
realmeneatquiche@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments, suggestions and favorite recipes and wines here