Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Leftovers - Quick Tailgating Item

Leftover fried chicken.

Leftover Spaghetti Sauce

Hot dog buns.

I made a huge pot of red sauce and froze 2 quarts. I still had 1 quart left.
I made double fried chicken from 8 chicken breasts.

Lots of leftovers. What to do?

Improvise. Food for the road. Tailgating at the ball game.

Here's my quick 1 minute fried chicken  in a roll with red sauce.
Sliced fried chicken (1 breast ) on a bias.
4 Tbsp. of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Mine is home made with red wine, carrots and onions.
2 Hot dog buns.
2 Tbsp. of cheese. I like parmesan and asiago.
1 tbsp. of freshly sliced basil

Microwaved until hot.


TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME !
I'm #1 and everyone knows it......
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments, suggestions and favorite recipes and wines here